On the occasion of World Senior Citizen’s Day on 21 August 2023, the Department of Prosthodontics at GDC&H, Mumbai
conducted a programme for the benefit of our Senior Citizens. The programme aims to educate and counsel Senior Citizens regarding their oral health as well as to honour them on this delightful occasion of World Senior Citizen’s Day.
Various activities were conducted which involved
- Informative lecture on oral health awareness and nutrition for geriatric patients by Dr Arti Gangurde.
- Skit on oral health awareness was performed by the first year BDS students and interns.
- Distribution of Roses and Greeting cards made by the interns of Public Health dentistry and Prosthodontics departments as a token of love and appreciation to the senior citizens.
- The senior citizens of pensioners association were invited with the help of Dr Sonali Kadam, OMRD department.
- Diagnostic Camp was conducted at Ashok garden Parel by the prosthodontics department. Dr Ravikumar Akulwar, Dr Ramdas and the CA’s and the interns examined the senior citizens.
The programme has turned out to be a wonderful success under the able guidance of Dr. Jyoti Tembhurne, HOD, Department of Prosthodontics, along with Associate Professors, Dr. Arti Gangurde, Dr. Manish Chauhan and Dr. Niraja Jaiswal with the assistance from the staff and PG students of the department.
The occasion was graced by our beloved Dean ma’am, Dr. Wasundhara Bhad along with Respected Dignitaries, Shree Rajiv Nivatkar Sir, Hon. Commissioner, Medical Education and AYUSH, Dr. Ajay Chandanwale Sir, Director, Medical Education and Research,Dr. Vivek Pakhmode Sir, Joint Director (Dental), Medical Education and Research and Dr. Kailash Sharma Sir, Ex-Director Tata Memorial Hospital, who have applauded this initiative heartily.
We would also like to extend our gratitude for the supportive presence and cooperation from the HODs and Associate Professors from all the Departments at GDC&H, Mumbai.