|Head of Department :||Dr. Dimple Padawe|
|Designation :||Dean, Professor and Head|
|Qualification :||MDS, MBA, PGDPC, PGDHR|
|Contact No :||9819297823|
|Location :||Room no. 32,36 & 39. Ground floor, GDC&H Building|
|Dr. Dimple Padawe||(Professor and HOD)|
|Dr. Asha Singh||(Honorary Professor)|
|Dr. Vilas Takate||(Associate Professor)|
|Dr. Kishor Dighe||(Assistant Professor)|
|Dr. Viral Maru||(Associate Professor)|
|Dr. Vijaya Dhote||(Assistant Professor)|
|Dr. Agrima Agarwal||(Assistant Professor)|
|Dr. Shumail Sattar||(Dental surgeon)|
|Dr. Ankita Arvandekar||(Dental surgeon)|
|Mr. Prasad Wagh||(Dental Technician)|
|Mrs. Mamta Sawant||(Dental Hygienist)|
|Mrs. Priyanka Ghodeshwar||(Dental Hygienist)|
|Mrs. Jaya Maru||(Servant)|
|Miss. Kalpana Solanki||(Servant)|
|Mr. Manish Makwana||(Servant)|
Scope of the Department
The Department is organized into 6 separate sections- Undergraduate Clinic, Post-graduate clinic, OPD Clinic, Clinical assistant Clinic, sedation clinic and oral myotherapy clinic. The department is spread over an area of 4800 sq feet and has 34 dental chairs.
The department offers various diagnostic, preventive and treatment services to an average of 100 patients on a daily basis with the motto of managing dental diseases in children with utmost emphasis on their physical and emotional wellbeing.
Clinical and Academic Activities
The department orients third and final year undergraduate students to the prevention and management of oral diseases in children upto the age of 13 years and provides them with an exposure to different orofacial diseases like early childhood caries, traumatic dental injuries etc. Lectures, Discussions, vivas and clinical postings are conducted timely to establish a strong foundation of the subject. The post-graduate students render a wide array of dental treatments to the patients utilizing the most advanced equipments and materials and keeping in mind the international treatment guidelines. The clinical assistants and interns undergo meticulous training in terms of patient management and assist the post-graduate students in the clinical duties as and when necessary.
- The department is equipped with 3 conscious sedation units which are utilized while managing apprehensive and medically compromised children.
- An Oral Myotherapy clinic is functional every Thursday in the department which focusses on early intervention to prevent the development of abnormal oro-facial habits thereby reducing the occurrence of malocclusions in children.
- The Department routinely conducts dental camps in various remote areas and schools to create awareness about oral health and its importance in the overall development of children.
- The department is facilitated with hard and soft tissue laser which helps in painless management of different surgical and non-surgical procedures.
- Computer controlled local anaesthesia delivery unit.