|Head of Department :||Dr. Easwaran Ramaswami (MDS)|
|Designation :||Professor And Head Of Department|
|Contact No :||9930831379|
The Department Is Located On The Ground Floor.
|Dr. Easwaran Ramaswami (MDS)||Professor And Head Of Department|
|Dr. Sonali Kadam (MDS)||Professor (Academic)|
|Dr. Vijayalaxmi Nimma (MDS)||Associate Professor (Academic)|
|Dr. Amit Ramchandani (MDS)||Assistant Professor|
|Dr. Girish Patil (MDS)||Tutor|
|Dr. Bhavana Murjani (MDS)||Assistant Professor|
|Mr. Vishal Jitekar||X-Ray Technician|
|Mrs. Archana Thackre||Dental Hygienist|
|Mr. Pradeep Rathod||Dental Hygienist|
Basic Facilities In The Department
Oral Medicine And Radiology, The First Department To Which The Patients Report To On Arrival Receives Around 250-300 New Patients On A Daily Basis. Here The Patients Are Assessed Not Only For Their Dental Issues But Also Their Overall Systemic Health. The Diagnosis Of The Disease Is Done And The Patients Are Assisted And Guided To The Respective Departments For Their Treatment As Per Their Complaints.
Oral Mucosal Lesions, Temporomandibular Joint Disorders, Salivary Gland Diseases, Orofacial Pain And Various Other Conditions Are Assessed And Treated In The Department.
The Cancer Detection Center Focuses On The Oral Potentially Malignant Lesions And Oral Cancer Patients Diagnosis And Management And The Tobacco Cessation Center Provides Patients Counselling, Behavior Management And If Required Nicotine Replacement Therapy To Assist Them In Cessation Of The Deleterious Habits.
The Department Also Provides Treatment For Orofacial Pain And Tmj Disorders Using Methods Like Tens, Short Wave Diathermy, Ultrasound Etc
The Radiology Section Of The Department Deals With Both Intraoral And Extraoral Radiography. With The Presence Of A State Of The Art, Radiovisiography And Computed Radiography System, The Department Stays Abreast With The Advancements In The Field Of Radiology. Also, Cone Beam Computed Tomography, An Advanced 3d Imaging Modality Is Opted For Patients Requiring Further Assessment To Establish An Accurate Diagnosis.
Advanced Machinery In The Department
- Digital Intra Oral Radiography – Radiovisiography
- Computed Radiography System For Extra Oral Radiography
- Digital Orthopantomogram
- Cone Beam Computed Tomography
- Portable Intra-Oral X-Ray Machine
- Ultrasound Therapy Unit
- Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation Unit
- Short Wave Diathermy Unit
- Soft Tissue Diode Laser
Different Courses offered by the Department Except BDS and MDS
- The department is a recognized research centre for the PhD program by the Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik
- The department of Oral Medicine and Radiology plays a major role in radiological evaluation for implantology forming an integral part of the course offered by the institution – Fellowship in Implantology.